Monday, November 22, 2010

Sneaking Suspicion of Inspiration

Day 05→ Something you hope to do in your life.

This fucking writing project is EXHAUSTING.
I'm being extremely dramatic, but seriously, I kind of feel like I've been doing it forever and I'm what, 1/6th of the way through or something? Coooooool guys.

I read a related quote the other day, the origin of which I can't recall. Something like 'I once wanted to change the world, now I just hope to leave the room with dignity.' That's a little depressing. What I hope to do in my life is touch the lives of others. I want to help people. I have been fortunate enough to have fallen flat on my face and been hurt badly enough to swallow my pride and let those that were kind enough to lend a hand help me back up. Those people have forever changed my life.


I want to go back to school for psychology and become a licensed therapist. My eventual goal is to have a private practice, and to collaborate on a nonprofit for women with mental health/substance abuse issues, who don't have the means to pay for treatment. My aim in this would be to make sure that the treatment they would be receiving was well regulated and of high quality, in a very safe setting. I want my theoretical private practice to function on a sliding scale as well.

I don't need to be a millionaire. I don't need to be famous. Everything doesn't have to be roses (it would really freak me the fuck out if it was). That would be kind of awesome, yeah (everything except the roses part). I probably wouldn't turn it down. What I am really seeking, though, is to be comfortable in my own skin and to have peace of mind. I would like to be financially and socially comfortable, with a nice house and all, but if I'm not I honestly have no problem with that. This last year has been so rife with chaos that there is no doubt in my mind I can handle whatever comes my way, and that facing it without fighting it makes it that much easier. Well, there's no doubt in my mind right this second. It comes and goes, and I have to keep reminding myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment