Sunday, December 5, 2010

Little kid: "I feel sick." Mom: "Where do you feel sick?" Kid: "In my room."

Day 09 → Someone you didn’t want to let go, but just drifted.

I think that anyone I really didn't want to let go that started to drift, I have reached out to.

If someone drifts away and stays gone, I don't think they were meant to stick around.

It has been hard adjusting to all of the people that have come in and out of my life in the past year, though. There are people that I really thought were my friends that just kind of dropped off the face of the earth when I left the city I was living in. When they made no apparent attempts to contact me and see if I was alive, I didn't find myself concerned with keeping in contact with them. Most of them. I think I have kept in contact with about a handful of people from there. Quality not quantity, right? It is good to know who is fair-weather and who is not.

Aside from that, I have met several people that I have wished I could stuff into my suitcase and tote around with me. I don't think that would have worked out very well, but I still suggested it to them enthusiastically.
I am supposed to have pen-pals of some of these people, as a matter of fact, and I still would, if I would quit balking and write them back. I always feel like when I write a letter it has to be really good, though. Stamps are like $800 these days, and you'd think if you're going to sit down and actually write a letter, you ought to have something worthwhile to say. I would think anyway. Or maybe that is just me rationalizing why I haven't been a faithful pen-pal because I feel kind of guilty.

Now I've sufficiently made it very clear to myself that I need to go write letters.

No comments:

Post a Comment